-Inscription on the Temple of Apollo at Delphi
Self awareness is a valuable tool in the pursuit of happiness. It shows us where we’re strong, where we’re weak, and where we’re unique. The better you know yourself, the easier it will be to figure out what makes you happy.
Self discovery isn’t just about taking a trip down Childhood Trauma Lane. Our preferences – our basic likes and dislikes – are valuable info, too. They’re our personal instructional manual, telling us exactly how to operate happily.
Do you know your preferences? Here’s a list of 25 things that are good to know about yourself.
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains?
- What’s your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?
- Are you a night owl, early bird, or afternoon person?
- How spicy do you like your Indian food?
- What kind of music makes you happy?
- What kind of music do you like to listen to when you’re sad?
- What’s your favorite kind of pie?
- What’s your favorite season?
- What’s your best physical feature?
- What makes you laugh?
- What kind of books do you like to read?
- What’s your favorite restaurant?
- What kind of food do you not like?
- Would you rather be hugged or told that you are loved?
- What scares you?
- How does your creativity show up?
- What type of exercise do you enjoy?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Where do you feel safe?
- Do you enjoy horror movies?
- Where’s your favorite place to be touched?
- What makes it hard to be friends with you?
- What do people love about you?
- What’s your learning style?
- What’s your Myers-Briggs personality type?
Is there anything you need to learn about yourself?