Every Monday, I start my week by highlighting what made me happy from the previous week, because gratitude is the first step in learning how to be happier.
This week I got to:
- Wake up to my nephew’s smiling face three times.
- Meet a big deadline even after taking two days off to cope with recent family stuff.
- Give away a gift card to a reader.
- Feel the support of this community.
- Have family photos taken with Jared’s parents and allllll the grandkids.
- Get a good haircut.
- Hit my goal to drink more water every single day.
- Give Jared his AWESOME birthday present (four days early, because I was too excited to wait.)
- Spend the weekend boating, fishing, and swimming.
- Watch my dad teach my kids the same things my grandpa taught me – on the exact same fishing boat.
What happy things did you get to experience this week?
Share your happiness highlights in the comments and I’ll pick one lucky commenter to win a year unlimited subscription to Greetums.com, an eCard service created by the passionate and talented Kat Caverly. Am I bribing you to count your blessings? Absolutely!
(Just one comment/entry per person, OK?)
Updated: Congratulations to this week’s winner, Donna G, who said one of her highlights was getting the kitchen sink fixed. Email is on the way, Donna!