Every Monday, I start my week by highlighting what made me happy from the previous week, because gratitude is the first step in learning how to be happier.
This week I got to:
- Celebrate my mom’s birthday with ice cream on Wednesday and swimming on Sunday.
- Spend an evening alone with my husband – and we never ran out of things to talk about.
- Hear a friend tell me she wanted to be a better friend to me – and experience her trying to do just that.
- Meet my college roommate’s husband and see her parents for the first time in five years.
- Have a heart-to-heart talk with my mother-in-law – one of those talks that involve tears, honesty, and healing.
- Pick up my nephew Jude.
- Play Scrabble – and win.
- Do my morning meditation outside.
- Start a new weekly challenge.
What happy things did you get to experience this week?
Share your happiness highlights in the comments and I’ll pick one lucky commenter to win a $10 Amazon gift card – just to prove that good things multiply.
(Just one comment/entry per person, OK?)