Every Monday, I start my week by highlighting what made me happy from the previous week, because I believe we multiply what we focus on, and that gratitude is the first step in learning how to be happier.
I spent the last week in Salt Lake City, a place I knew very little about before visiting. A week in a new place is almost guaranteed to be a good one for me as new experiences are an easy route to happiness. The past few days did not disappoint.
Some of the things for which I was most grateful included:
- Family bike rides
- A beautiful view from our campground, the Pony Express RV Resort
- Time spent playing at Discovery Place, the Salt Lake City’s children museum
- Dinner with Marty and his wife Reba
- Walking around downtown Salt Lake
- A visit to Clark Planetarium, where an iMax movie (Flying Monsters) made me want to be a paleontologist
Despite my brief interlude with personal prejudices, my visit to Salt Lake City was a success. I loved the cool vibe of the city, a place that seems to offer every modern amenity without the frenzied pace of many East Coast cities. We didn’t even scratch the surface of all there is to see and do, but we experienced enough to know this isolated metropolis is worth hopping on a plane to visit again. (Next time, I’m bringing skis.)
Now, it’s on to Moab, Utah.
What were the highlights of your week? Before you rush off into a new week, I invite you to play along and share your own happiness highlights in the comments, or leave me a link to your own Happiness Highlights post.