I think it’s a rule that if you’re going to post on a weekend, you have to use bullets. So…
First, the Positives (because I’m a positives come first kinda girl) about meeting Deanna for lunch on Friday:
- Normal. Oh. My. God. So normal.
- More specifically, MY version of normal.
- I may have mentioned that she smokes. (Although not loudly, like me. I’m not sure if that’s good or bad…)
- She found me The Greatest Taco Salad In The Whole Wide World (which is a crucial part of any low carber’s diet, in my opinion). A real taco salad without black beans or corn or any of the other crap that they put in Taco Salads down here in the name of “authentic Tex-Mex”. And it was like $6.
- She swears. And, obviously, she doesn’t have the charm that I do with my little squeaky voice. But, you can’t hold that against her. I am a rare find.
- Who were we talking about again?
- Oh yes, Deanna. Deanna with the red curly hair (just like my mommy! Awwww…)
- She has a kid (a 14 year old son, specifically) – whom she talked about an appropriate non-nauseating, non-this-is-weird-you-never-mention-your-kid amount.
- She asked about my kids – again, in healthy, normal, comfortable amounts.
- She’s a transplant too. She’s like, an official Tour Guide For Moving To Florida!!
- She’s funny – I should really rearrange this because funny is more important than just about anything.
- She clearly thought I was funny. I mean, who wouldn’t? I know. But still, one in the plus column.
- She’s social. She drinks. She gets out of the house and is already offering to drive me around for my first “night out”. How do you not love a willing driver?
Now… obviously she’s not perfect. So, here are the con’s…
- She’s Canadian. And yet, she doesn’t say “aboat” or “eh” or any of the things that really make it cool to introduce someone as your Canadian Friend.
- She golfs. Apparently, she’s even kind of good at it. The last time I was on a golf course I cried.
- She doesn’t live next door. How do you stalk someone if you have to drive to do it? And, plus, what if I need like, sugar, or something?
- Seriously though, she does live something like 20 minutes from me. Which makes getting together for “Grown Up” time a little difficult.*
All in all, she showed quite well. Brava. Blue Ribbon for you, Deanna!
*Seriously though, how do you people go out when you don’t live in a 6 block town with the local bar two blocks away??